What’s better than bacon? The answer was nothing until this came along. With the addition of a smoky maple flavor and a little bit of heat this recipe checks all the boxes of awesome! Send Pictures of your creation alongside your Full Boar BBQ rub to @fullboarbbqproducts on Instagram to be featured! Always #fullboarbbq on your bbq photos to be a part of our community.
– 1 lb. thick butchers cut bacon
– 4 tablespoons ample syrup
– BBQ brush
– Wire cooling rack
– Aluminum Foil
– Preheat smoker to 300 degrees
– Lay out bacon flat on the metal cooling rack.
– Brush each piece lightly with maple syrup.
– Apply a generous layer of Full Boar BBQ Bonfire Sweet Heat Spicy BBQ Rub on top of the maple syrup. Repeat this process on the other side.
– Transfer wire cooling racks with prepared bacon to your smoker. Pro tip, if you do not want your smoker to light on fire every time you light it for the remainder of it’s existence go ahead and lay some foil underneath the bacon to catch any dripping grease.
– Smoke bacon at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours or until it is crispy to your liking. If it is not crispy enough for you at this time crank the smoker up to 350. Watch closely when you do this, it is easy to overdo it quickly.
– Enjoy this bacon plain, on burgers, or whatever you wish. It will be included in some upcoming Full Boar BBQ Recipes as it is quick and easy to do and adds such a depth of flavor.
– DM your BBQ photos along with your Full Boar BBQ Rub to @fullboarbbqproducts for your chance to be featured!