Think you can’t get crispy chicken wings in your smoker? Think again! This recipe is quick and easy and will get you an invite back no matter what after your friends taste these suckers. Send Pictures of your creation alongside your Full Boar BBQ rub to @fullboarbbqproducts on Instagram to be featured! Always #fullboarbbq on your bbq photos to be a part of our community.
– 10 whole chicken wings
– 1 Tbsp fresh basil flakes
– ½ Tsp baking powder
– Paper Towels
– Metal cooling racks (optional)
– Preheat smoker to 250 degrees
– In a large bowl mix Garden, Barn, and River Rub with baking powder in the bottom.
– Take chicken wings and cut them at the large joint separating the drum and flat. I always leave the end piece attached to the flat for aesthetics. With fresh paper towels pat each individual piece as dry as possible and toss them into the bowl with the spices. Toss the wings in the all-purpose rub and baking powder until evenly coated and let them sit for five minutes.
– Add Bonfire Sweet Heat Rub to the bowl and toss the wings well until they are evenly coated then repeat the process again with basil flakes.
– Set the wings either straight onto smoking rack or onto the metal cooling racks if using. You want to get wings in the smoker as cold as possible so try not to let them sit to long before transferring them to the smoker.
– Smoke at 250 with heavy smoke for 30 minutes. At this point the wings have likely taken all the smoke they can so now we want to crisp them up. If using a unit that easily changes temperature, simply set your cooker to 400 degrees. If you are using a unit that this is not easy to do you always have the option to transfer these direct to a preheated oven. Either way they need another 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees. You are looking for an internal of 175 degrees and a nice crispy texture on the outside.
– Add in any of our award winning BBQ Sauces to make a classic saucy wing!
– Next step is to deliver these to the nearest tailgate and prepare to be the hero!
– DM your BBQ photos along with your Full Boar BBQ Rub to @fullboarbbqproducts for your chance to be featured!