Collard Greens with Smoked Ham Hocks
Send Pictures of your creation alongside your Full Boar BBQ rubs to @fullboarbbqproducts on Instagram to be featured! Always #fullboarbbq on your BBQ photos to be a part of our community.
– 1 lb package collard greens separated from stems
– 1 sweet Vidalia onion chopped
– 2 smoked ham hocks (feel free to smoke them yourself but I usually just buy the already smoked ones)
– 1 32 oz box chicken broth
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 3 tbsp light brown sugar
– 1 tsp crushed red pepper
– Place all ingredients except the ham hocks into a 6 quart slow cooker. With tongs, mix ingredients well making sure all the collard leaves are wet from the broth.
– When all ingredients are mixed work the ham hocks into the bottom of the slow cooker.
– Cook on low for 9 hours or high for 4 hours stirring every 1-2 hours.
– In the final half hour, remove the ham hocks from the slow cooker. Let cool a bit before shredding all the meat off and returning the boneless meat to the pot mixing back in with the rest of the ingredients.
– DM your BBQ photos along with your Full Boar BBQ Rub to @fullboarbbqproducts for your chance to be featured!