This turkey recipe takes a simple white meat and lets it shine. Absolutely delicious, super healthy, and completely Keto this recipe is also great for meal prepping or an average weeknight! Send pictures of your creation alongside your Full Boar BBQ rub to @fullboarbbqproducts on Instagram to be featured! Always #fullboarbbq on your bbq photos to be a part of our community.
– 2/ 2-4 lb boneless, skinless turkey breasts
– 1 stick of unsalted butter
– Aluminum foil
– Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees
– Unpackage turkey breast and trim any obvious excess fat or gristle off that may be hanging on. If you bought skin-on breasts also remove that in this step until you have a nicely shaped, pure turkey breast. Once trimmed pat them dry with a paper towel.
– Seasoning the bottom side first, give the breasts a good layer of Full Boar BBQ “The Black Label” Steak and Chop Rub, let soak in for 3-5 minutes, then flip and do the other side making sure there is a good layer covering the entire piece.
– Place the breasts directly on the smoking rack and smoke at 225 degrees for 1.5-2 hours depending on the size of the breasts. This should get them right around 125-140 degrees internally.
– Once they reach this point, and have a nice bark layer built it is time to wrap them. To keep them nice and moist, and to add fat to a pretty lean cut we are going to use the magic weapon of butter.
– Lay out a piece of foil big enough to wrap the entire breast with no openings. Place 3-4 pads of unsalted butter in the middle of the foil and place the breast, top side down right on top of the butter. Add 3-4 more pads of butter on top of the upside-down breasts and wrap tightly in the foil.
– Return the breasts to the smoker with the top side down and continue cooking at 225. At this point I will usually put a permanent probe in the smaller of the two breasts and set an alarm or watch it closely until the breasts are 162-163 internally.
– Once at temperature remove the breasts from the smoker but keep them wrapped. They will need to cook themselves up to 165 internal. This will happen during a 10, or I prefer 20, minute resting period.
– Then it is time to unwrap and enjoy! Slice these as thin or thick as you like. A helpful hint is to save the juices in the foil and pour them over the slices when servicing immediately.
– Add in any of our award winning BBQ Sauces to this recipe to take it over the top!
– DM your BBQ photos along with your Full Boar BBQ Rub to @fullboarbbqproducts for your chance to be featured!